Danko Arlington is honored to have cast a prominent cross for Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church located at 905 Frederick Road in Catonsville, Maryland.
The metal cross, an exact copy of a wooden original, now adorns the church’s new octagonal shaped portico. The piece was handmade and cast in a solid, aircraft-aluminum alloy and powder coated gold color to resist the outdoor elements.
The new cross now stands to greet future generations who enter this sacred space.
Salem Lutheran Church was founded in 1849 by German immigrants who originally worshiped and educated neighboring children in their native German language. The congregation later expanded to their present Catonsville location in 1903 and has become a landmark in the community.